People love shrimp chips because the breading is light and crunchy, the inside is moist and sweet, and the flavor can be mild or spicy. This recipe will make enough for a 4-person serving so that you can have more than enough. If you’d like to enjoy your snack with alcohol, try making this recipe with red wine vinegar instead of rice vinegar.
What is a shrimp chip?
Shrimp chips are a popular Asian snack that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a main course. They are made from dehydrated shrimp that have been deep-fried and then simmered in a sweet and savory sauce. The resulting chip is crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, with a flavor that is unique and addicting.
To make shrimp chips, you will need:
-Fish sauce (or soy sauce)
-Vegetable oil or grapeseed oil for frying
-Small bowl for dipping
Why do you want to make it?
If you love shrimp as much as we do, then you’ll love these shrimp chips! They’re the perfect snack to enjoy any time of day. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make – all you need is some hot oil and some shrimp.
We love these shrimp chips because they’re a great way to show off your Asian cooking skills. And if you don’t have any Asian cooking skills, no problem – these shrimp chips will still be delicious! In fact, we think they may even become your new favorite snack.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on your own batch of delicious shrimp chips today!
How do you make shrimp chips?
To make shrimp chips, start by heating a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Once the shrimp are done, remove them from the pan and set aside. Next, add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Finally, add the rice to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until crispy. Once the rice is done, combine it with the shrimp in the pan and stir together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Tips and tricks
Looking for a quick and easy snack that will satisfy your cravings? Look no further than shrimp chips! These tasty little snacks are perfect for any Asian-inspired meal. Here are some tips and tricks to make the best shrimp chips:
1. Start by prepping your ingredients. First, blanch your shrimp in hot water for about 1 minute until they turn pink. Then, shock them in ice water to stop the cooking process.
2. Once the shrimp is prepped, it’s time to start cooking. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and cook the shrimp until they are golden brown and cooked through.
3. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside on a paper towel to cool slightly. Then, transfer it to a food processor or blender and pulse until it is finely chopped into small pieces.
4. Next, add all of the other ingredients to the food processor or blender (except for the salt) and blend until everything is combined – be sure not to overprocess or you’ll end up with chunks instead of chips! Finally, season the chips with salt before serving.
Making shrimp chips is an easy and delicious way to enjoy some Asian flavors without having to prepare anything complicated. These shrimp chips are a great snack option for any time of day, and they can served as part of a multicourse meal or enjoyed on their own as a light appetizer. If you’re looking for the best shrimp chip recipe out there, look no further than this 15-minute guide!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Asian snack recipe, look no further than shrimp chips. These addictive bites can be made in just 15 minutes, and they are perfect to enjoy as an appetizer or as a light meal. Not only are these shrimp chips incredibly tasty, but they also offer a healthy dose of protein and vitamins. If you’re ready to make some amazing shrimp chips, be sure to give our recipe a try!
How to serve the shrimp chips
These shrimp chips are perfect for a quick and easy snack, or an appetizer. They are also great as an Asian-inspired snack when you want something flavorful and crunchy.
– 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Shrimp Chips Recipe
-1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
-1/2 cup cornstarch
-1/3 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a shallow bowl, mix together cornstarch and salt. Season shrimp with pepper. Dip them in the cornstarch mixture, then coat in vegetable oil.
3. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and crispy. Serve hot.