If you’re visiting Cancun with a family, there are plenty of things to do in the city and the surrounding area that will keep everyone entertained. From beaches and amusement parks to ziplining and horseback riding, here are five of the best things to do in Cancun for families with children.
Things to do in Cancun
Looking for things to do in Cancun with the family? Here are five fun activities that will keep the little ones entertained while you explore all that this amazing city has to offer.
1. Go shopping at the MARKETPLACE OF TECNOLOGIES: This large and modern mall is a must-see for any family looking for someplace to spend an afternoon. There are plenty of shops and restaurants, making it the perfect spot to spend a sunny day out.
2. Take a walk on THE ISLAND OF PALM TREES: One of Cancun’s most popular tourist destinations, The Island of Palm Trees offers stunning scenery and plenty of things to do for kids, including boat tours, pony rides, and even a petting zoo!
3. Catch a show at THE PLAYA GALAVISION COMPLEX: With seven theaters spanning an impressive 325 acres, there is bound to be something suitable for everyone in this vast complex. Shows run throughout the day, making it an ideal spot to take in some entertainment while in town.
4. Visit THE MAYAN MUSEUM: One of Cancun’s most popular attractions, The Mayan Museum covers many aspects of ancient Mayan culture including art, archaeology, and mythology. It’s well worth spending a few hours exploring its galleries and learning about these fascinating people.
5. Play tag or go fishing at LAKE PIL
Things to bring with you
When planning your trip to Cancun with children, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Cancun is an amazing destination for families with children. There are plenty of activities and attractions that will keep everyone entertained. Some of our favorites include the Aquarium, the Xel-Ha Wildlife Reserve, and the Site of the Pre-Hispanic City of Tulum.
Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen, hats, water bottles, snacks and other food items, as well as insect repellent. And don’t forget your wallets – you’ll need money to purchase tickets and snacks along the way.
Finally, be aware that Mexico is a very hot country and temperatures can reach up to 90 degrees F (32 degrees C). bring plenty of clothes and sunglasses so you can enjoy all the activities without feeling uncomfortable.
If you’re traveling with children, make sure to bring plenty of snacks and drinks, sunscreen, a bathing suit and towel, hats, insect repellent, a first-aid kit, sturdy shoes and clothes that can get dirty, and your child’s passport. Here are some other essentials:
– A pack of cards or games for when you’re waiting in line or bored
– A book or two – there’s no need to rent anything while in Cancun
– An ipad or phone charger – the voltage is different there
– Tickets to any attractions that might interest your family (or just wander around town)
– Lots of patience – the lines at the parks can be long
What to know before traveling to Cancun
Before you go on your trip to Cancun, be sure you know the following:
-The best time to visit Cancun is from November to March. This is when the weather is mild and the sun is out.
-Make sure you have a passport valid for six months after your return from Mexico.
-It is important that you take plenty of water with you on your trip as the climate in Cancun can be hot and humid.
-Be prepared for a lot of mosquitoes! Bring repellent and mosquito netting if possible.
-The currency in Mexico is the Mexican peso (MXN). Most establishments accept U.S. dollars, Euros, or Canadian dollars as well.
-Most hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. If you’re arriving by plane, make sure to let your hotel know which airline you’re using so that they can arrange for a pick up upon arrival.
If you’re traveling to the Mexican Rivera with kids in tow, there are a few things you’ll want to know before hopping on a plane.
For one, the country is rife with cultural attractions that will captivate your little ones. In Cancun, be sure to check out the local marketplaces where you can find beautiful handcrafted goods and delicious local cuisine. There’s also plenty of interactive fun waiting for you at the beach – from swimming with dolphins to playing in the waves, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
And if all that isn’t enough, consider taking a trip out to Playa del Carmen for some world-class shopping and endless activities for kids. You can find everything from fancy resorts and spas to amusement parks and water parks. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and nightlife options available should you get hungry or thirsty after hours of play.
Where to stay in Cancun
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Cancun that will give your family plenty to do while you’re in town, look no further. Here are some of the best places to stay with kids in Cancun.
The Zocalo: This hotel is perfect for families with children because it has a pool, a playground, and a spa. Plus, there are plenty of activities available for guests, including swimming, surfing, and kayaking.
Las Brisas: This all-inclusive resort is perfect if you’re looking for something luxurious and kid-friendly at the same time. There’s a pool, an arcade, and a Kids Club available here. Plus, there are plenty of other activities on offer such as water sports and fishing.
The Wyndham Grand Punta Cana Resort & Spa: This hotel offers many great amenities for families with children including an outdoor pool with slides and a beach area complete with waves and sand. There’s also an action-packed kids’ play area called Splash Park where you can find games like mini golf and bumper boats.
What is good for kids?
If you’re looking for things to do in Cancun with children, there are plenty of options. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Take a morning walk on the beach. There’s nothing like spending a lazy morning taking in the views while your little ones play in the sand nearby.
2. Visit a local zoo or park. Kids will love learning about different animals and exploring their habitats.
3. Go shopping at one of the many kid-friendly malls or specialty stores in town. From jewelry to clothing, there’s something for everyone at these shops.
4. Attend a performance at one of the city’s many theaters or amphitheaters. Shows range from classic musicals to family-friendly comedies.
5. Catch a show at one of Cancun’s many night clubs and discos (many have kids’ activities and shows). From hip hop to classical music, there’s sure to be something for everyone during your visit!